Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Color Purple



“I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.”
Alice Walker, The Color Purple

This creation is a complete appreciation of the color purple.  I should be finely favored - this time!

My Tia Yola's birthday is on the same day as my Husband Juan, but since I was in Ocala and the week swirled into a crazy tail spin we deferred to a delicious ice cream cake courtesy of her granddaugther... we sang: la la la and it was grand.

Tia, however, threw some old fashioned guilt at me when she asked, "What happened to my Nancy cake"? 

So, guilt, guilt and more guilt piled high in layers. Gulp,  I love this person as if she were my Mother.  Back to the drawing board and voila! I came up with a tea time creation. She loves teapots and pearls! A pearl of a woman indeed!

Believe it or not, it's also my Sister in Law, Lily's birthday today! More-a-caking!
Enjoy,
Nancy


To place an order, or email :







No comments:

Post a Comment