Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Little Baker that could..I think I can...I thnk I can...




It was 9:43 p.m. Wednesday night when a barrage of Sigrid family and friends e-mails streamed into my in-box.  Luckily, I somehow tripped onto the activity around 11:00!  My heart pounded to a big reveal that involved me;  my very first emergency wedding cake.    There was an elopement in the family and I was charged with the nuptial torte.  All the relations were scrambling to get a celebration going for Saturday; two days away!  OMG! 

My hubby, Juan, had informed me that we were leaving for our Ocala retreat early Friday morning. Yes, time was short! I felt the cardiac knot in my ever gulpping throat!

Talk about ANXIETY.   I nervously told her I would try, but would let her know in the morning as I needed to check on my inventory of baking supplies. 

Long story short, it was go and the baking frenzy began at 7:30 a.m. -- and yes, I was done by 1:30! Wheeeew!  The pick up was slated for 1:50; finito with twenty minutes to spare.

I kept thinking of the little engine that could, “I think I can, I think I can…” just like a mantra, I repeated the same words over and over: I think I can, I think I can.  And, I did.




It was hit out of the ballpark and the mess was also out of this world:  UGH! )&$%@%^& expletives!

In all, I was on the verge of a mild mannered heart attack. Sigrid and I laughed it off. Thank God for Sigrid, with us today, after a two year battle with Leukemia ..and of course, they have the Wedding Torte and  there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for her.

 Whew, breathe, whew, breathe.

 

 
 
 



To place an order, or email :


1 comment:

  1. You are truly amazing! Thank you so much. The cake was beyond what I expected.

    ReplyDelete