Monday, September 24, 2012

Ethans Big Day @ the Arky Arky!


The prep (click on prep) was over and the day arrived.  It was raining solid buskets of water when we arrived at  Tropical Park to set up.  Ironic, yes? Noah must have had his hand in this one in order to promote the theme - Noah’s Ark.   Thank goodness my cousin Mary brought her BIG Diesel Truck or we would have never made it up the hill to the Pavilion.   We worked, under cover, setting the display table and as we placed the last pop down the raining ended just like in the story.

Officially, this was the first baby shower that I was charged with the trimmings to the entire affair from soup to nuts, so it meant business.   I am rather pleased with myself since I believe I polpulated the ark to Noah's satisfaction. There were animal cookies, artsy sugar cookies with designs by Tamika Gardner from ThePoshbabyshower , who by the way is the author of '201 Organic Baby Purees'. This is worth a look since it is all about the babies!


 

 
Oh yes ... and there were cake pops, chocolate covered pretzel sticks and even pearl bubble gum! As a side bar,  I decided to go with the cream cheese buttercream icing instead of fondant since they ordered Carrot Cake; tastes so much better.  And, I tried to make the buttercream look like water; nothing more decadenly sweet than swimming in buttercream!

In any event, I loved creating  this cake! The good news is that Marlen, Samantha and company loved it! A good time was had by all...in rain and in shine.




 
 


To place an order, or email us:
 
Phone: (305)345-2150 cell or (305) 554-7363
 


  • Email: Nancilys@gmail.com

The Arky Arky Song - Just for Ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment