Monday, May 21, 2012

Ivan Loves Ale and Edgar's Birthday!



Cousin Ana has fallen behind at the blogging keyboard, but while I was nursing a terrible cold Nancy was in the kitchen- apron on and ready for creativity. 

Last weeks exploits were abundant starting with these mini cakes.  The good folks that follow the Shack request them custom made to their occasion.  For example a very Metro-male customer ordered  3 little cakes for his girlfriend in order to celebrate their 1st year Anniversary together.  He took the time to pick out his favorite colors, but insisted on a   bouquet of cake pops in lieu of flowers.

Gentlemen, take notes; an example to live by!
 He said his girlfriend would appreciate them better than flowers because she loves sweets!  

Here is a little personal interest story, in a nut shell, that I found ever so charming. . .On said evening, just 24 years old; Ivan ready to celebrate and mesmerize, picked up his  girlfriend, Ale's  order. “Cake pops” bouquet, in hand, he presented her with her sweets and made their way to  dine at the Red Fish. 


FYI: we had prepared a cake box with the 3 mini cakes.  Including a box gift that quietly hid a beautiful amazing Michael Khors gold watch as well. 


At the proper moment, Ivan delivered one mini cake at a time, the first with his name, the second read 'Loves' and the 3rd , her name Ale (short for Alexandra). I understand the event “Blew her away:)) and a romantic evening was had by all.  


Nancy, Shack owner and cake artist said, 'He made my day... I love when I get good feedback.  I told him to keep checking blog his cakes will come out soon.'  Gotta love Ivan's swagger! 










In all, the order included 3 individual cakes, one with Ivan's favorite color, blue, and his name. The second in her favorite color, Orange, with “Ale” short for Alexandra, and then something romantic...I had to bring the feeling together somehow.   'It was the hardest thing I have ever had to dream up. I didn’t finish until 2:00 a.m., says Nancy. 'But this is what she came up with. Fingers crossed'! 






















And now for Edgar's Birthday cake! Edgar is in his 30”s, but who is counting and why not add some dazzle to his years! 



Next is Graduation Gala for Columbus and Belen. Wait until you see that! And then a “Butterfly” themed baby Shower..

In the horizon is the Alexandra and Erica party planner's bridal shower.

Sit tight...more sweets for the sweet are coming down the pike! 


To place an order, or email us:
  • Phone: (305)345-2150 cell or (305) 554-7363
  • Email: Nancilys@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. Oh! The cake trio is fantastic! I wish I was this good at designing a cake. I do know how to bake but I guess designing is not my thing. Do you take orders or even you bought it? because it is my nephew’s birthday next month in one of the Chicago event venues and I really want to surprise him with a beautiful cake like this.

    ReplyDelete